Bereavement Support is offered before and after the passing of a loved one and includes the following:
- Individual and Family Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement Counseling
- Support Groups
- Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement Crisis Intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Art Therapy
- Relaxation Massage, Guided Imagery and Reiki
- Bereavement Volunteer Visits
- Annual Holiday Events and Memorials
- Community Outreach
- Bereavement Literature
- Referral to Other Agencies and Professionals As Needed
- Continuing Education Seminars for Professionals and the Community
Adult Support Groups:
- Serenity Seekers - 6-week program for the loss of any adult loved one. Offered throughout the year.
- Healing Hearts - Ongoing support group offered once a month, for the loss of any adult loved one.
- Compassionate Friends - Ongoing support group offered once a month, for adults who have experienced the loss of a child.
- A New Dawn - 6-week program for adult survivors of divorce. Offered throughout the year.
- With the Guys - 6-week program for adult men who have lost a loved one. Offered throughout the year.
- Rain’s End - 6-week program for adults who have lost a loved one through suicide. Offered throughout the year.
- Clear Skies - is an ongoing monthly group for graduates of “Rain’s End.“
- M.I.S.S. You - is for men and women who are grieving a pregnancy loss through miscarriage, infant death and stillborn. Meets once a week for 6 weeks throughout the year.
- In It Together - is for families who have a loved one in the military and deployed. Meets 6 p.m., first Tuesday of the month, American Legion, 3615 Hayes Ave, Sandusky. For more information contact Robin Baum, 419-625-5269.
Adult Social Event Groups:
- Bunch for Lunch - 12pm, 1st Monday of every month at Stein Hospice Sandusky Office. Potluck, please bring a covered dish. Stein provides the main course. 1200 Sycamore Line, Sandusky OH 44870
- Sandusky Yacht Club - (pay for own meal) 12pm, 3rd Wednesday of every month. 529 E. Water St., Sandusky OH 44870. Please call Bereavement Department at Stein Hospice to make reservation ahead of time.
- Huggers and Munchers - (pay for own meal) 5pm, 2nd Tuesday of every month. Dinner at different restaurants in the area. Please call Bereavement Department at Stein Hospice to make reservation ahead of time.
- Healing Hearts Lunch Bunch - (pay for own meal) 12pm, 1st Wednesday of every month. At Berry’s Restaurant 15 W. Main St., Norwalk OH 44857. Please call Bereavement Department at Stein Hospice to make reservation ahead of time.
Please call Stein Hospice at 800-625-5269 for additional details on any of our bereavement programs.
“When someone dies, you don’t get over it by forgetting; you get over it by remembering, and you are aware that no person is ever truly lost or gone once they have been in our life and loved us, as we have loved them.”
- Leslie Marmon Silko