UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
Due to the Corona Virus (COVID-19), the following steps will be implemented at the Stein Hospice Care Center:
Updated visitation guidelines as of 1/14/2021:
Stein Hospice Care Center Visitation Guidelines
- Visiting hours are 7:30am-8pm
- No more than 2 visitors at a time on-site with patient, can switch out visitors throughout the duration of visiting hours up to 6 people total in 1 day
- 1 visitor permitted to stay the night, must remain on-site and must be at the Care Center by 8pm, no more visitors until 7:30am the next day and must be gone by 7:30am unless they want to be counted as 1 of the 6 visitors for the day
- No visitors under 18
- No pets
- Screenings on all visitors (failed screenings will not be permitted in)
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times, if you are in need of one, we will provide it to you
- We provide several services to communicate with your loved ones while at the Care Center, please let us know if you are interested in utilizing them:
- Phone calls
- Video messages
- Written letters
Thank you for your cooperation as we strive to protect a vulnerable and high risk population of patients, all families and our staff.
The Stein Hospice Care Center becomes home for our patients and their families, and we do everything we can to make their time with us special. Located at Firelands Regional Medical Center South Campus in Sandusky, the Care Center offers all the comforts of a home plus medical care around the clock. Patients come to the Care Center, located on the third floor, for pain and symptom management. Click here for directions.
We offer 18 patient rooms, each with a private bath, sitting area, sleeper sofa and a television equipped with a compact disc player. Our philosophy is to make the Care Center as homelike as possible, which means you often hear music coming from a room and children playing, see pets lying by a bed and families sharing a meal. All of our staff, from physicians, nurses and nursing assistants to our chaplains, counselors, social workers and volunteers, brings warmth and professionalism as they carry out our mission – to provide comfort, compassion and support during life’s final journey.
The Care Center includes:
- Family room, where families gather to relax, read or watch television. Children enjoy playing with Wii computer game and other toys;
- Dining area, where meals are available for family and friends. Hot drinks, daily newspapers and vending machine always available;
- Spa, where patients enjoy a warm whirlpool bath. Other spa services, such as pedicures. manicures and facials, are done in patient rooms;
- Therapy Room, where our comfort care team helps patients and families relax through gentle body massage, the healing touch of Reiki and guided imagery. Soft music, soothing aromas and dim lights add to the experience;
- Emily’s Library, a quiet room for reading and meditation with limited access to the Internet;
- Sitting Areas, where families gather or meet with our bereavement staff, chaplains and social workers.
”I wanted to extend my utmost gratitude for the care that you gave to my grandma in her short stay at your facility. She couldn’t stop raving about the whirlpool and how “delicious” it was. Even though we only got to know the staff for a short time, my family and I will never forget the impact that you had. ” – Jen Vance