Direct Contact Team
Direct Contact Team Members* work with patients and families in their residence, which may be a home or a facility. They lend a supporting presence under Stein Hospice care. Some of their responsibilities may include:
- Providing companionship for the patient
- Relieving caregivers to help them maintain a balance in their own lives
- Providing transportation or running errands
Supply Delivery Team
Supply Delivery Team Members* transport much-needed supplies medicine and equipment to patients whose caregivers are unable to do so. They must have their own transportation and insurance, and are often asked to make a delivery with very little notice. Their services are a vital part of Stein Hospice care.
Bereavement Team Members* are special listeners who help the family after the death of the patient. They provide loving, compassionate support to surviving friends and family for at least 13 months after the death of their loved one. Additional training is required. The Bereavement team:
- Visit and listen to family members;
- Assure grieving persons that their feelings of loss, loneliness and sadness are normal;
- Assist with social or educational functions
- Help with memorial services
- Assist with the Children’s bereavement department
Administrative Support Team
Administrative Support Team Members work in the office providing support to the administrative staff. Support team volunteers are encouraged to attend the “Introduction to Hospice” volunteer course. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Providing clerical support
- Assisting with deliveries
- Assisting with general secretarial functions, including mailings
- Helping with community service projects
Special Project Team
Special Project Team Members work with Stein Hospice staff members on special events such as the annual “Light up a Life” celebration, Memorial Services and fundraisers. Jobs include baking cookies, gardening, assisting with registration and event set-up. If you have a special talent or hobby, and would like to share it with us, we have a place for you.
* LifeCourse™ volunteer training class required.