Direct Contact Team
Direct Contact Team Members* work with patients and families in their residence, which may be a home or a facility. They lend a supporting presence under Stein Hospice care. Some of their responsibilities may include:
- Providing companionship for the patient
- Relieving caregivers to help them maintain a balance in their own lives
- Running errands
- Stein Hospice Care Center
- Stein Hospice Care Center reception desk
- Comfort Care Services
Supply Team Members* have the opportunity to:
- Assist the supply department
- Assist with inventory and stocking supplies in our satellite offices
- Transport supplies, medicine and equipment to patients upon request
All volunteers on the supply team must have: valid Driver’s License, proof of car insurance and their own transportation. Their services are a vital part of Stein Hospice care.
Bereavement Team Members* are special listeners who help the family after the death of the patient. They provide loving, compassionate support to surviving friends and family for at least 13 months after the death of their loved one. Additional training is required. The Bereavement team:
- Visit and listen to family members
- Assure grieving individuals that their feelings of loss, loneliness and sadness are normal
- Assist with social or educational functions
- Assist with memorial services
- Assist with the Children’s bereavement department
- Offer assistance to campers of Camp Good Grief
Click here to learn more about Stein Hospice Bereavement Services.
Administrative Support Team
Administrative Support Team Members work in the office providing support to the administrative staff. Support team volunteers are encouraged to attend the “Introduction to Hospice” volunteer course. Some of their responsibilities include:
- Providing clerical support
- Assisting with deliveries
- Assisting with general secretarial functions, including mailings
- Helping with community service projects
- Data Entry
- And other needs as they arise
Encore Resale Marketplace Team
Stein Hospice operates an upscale resale shop using the profits to support the mission of the agency. Opportunities include:
- Sorting, organizing and pricing donations
- Donation Pick-ups/Deliveries
- Floor salesman and cashiers
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the store
Special Project Teams
Special Project Team Members work with Stein Hospice staff members on special projects. Jobs can include: baking cookies, gardening or assisting with events. If you have a special talent or hobby, and would like to share it with us, we have a place for you.
Special Project Team Member opportunities include:
- Assist with general duties at fundraising events
- i.e. event set-up/tear down, check-in, ticket sales, baking/cooking, serving, and event-specific related duties
- Assisting various departments with special projects as they arise
- Some special projects opportunities require tech savvy individuals
Click here to see a listing of upcoming Stein Hospice events.
Stein Hospice cares for many hospice patients daily. These patients are often in need of volunteers who are willing to listen to potentially painful experiences and memories associated with serving our country. Visits are made at the Veteran’s private home, nursing facilities and the Ohio Veterans Home in Sandusky.
We understand the true value of veteran-to-veteran camaraderie. Because of this understanding, we recommend that our veteran volunteers are veterans themselves.
Patient-Related Veteran Opportunities:
- One-on-one visits with patients
- Patient Veteran Honors
Non-Patient Related Veteran Opportunities:
- Community-based Veteran Recognition Events/Ceremonies
- Singing of patriotic songs at events/ceremonies
- Assist with sewing military patches on blankets
Click here to learn more about Stein Hospice Veteran Services.
Paws Up Team
Our four-legged friends bring comfort to our patients through our Paws Up Program*. With this program, pet-owners and their certified animals visit patients and their families wherever they call home. This program is unique because it allows us an additional opportunity to provide connection, peace and love to our patients. Opportunities include:
- One-on-one visits with patients
- “Making Rounds” at our Stein Hospice Care Center
- Attend dog-related events to recruit new Paws Up Teams
- Other community activities as they arise
*LifeCourse™ training required.
Our volunteer services are a vital part of Stein Hospice care.